The NHD program provides teachers with resource materials, workshops, and other opportunities for professional development.
For additional materials provided by Washington State History Day visit Teacher Resources.
Benefits for Teachers
National History Day:
- gives teachers a model teaching tool for the classroom, based on active learning
- helps teachers meet the requirements of national and state history standards
- provides an excellent assessment tool for classroom use
- helps teachers integrate the study of history with other disciplines, including writing, the arts, and other social sciences
- supplies curricular aids such as lesson plans and bibliographic guides
- supports professional development by offering workshops and summer institutes where teachers can learn about the latest in historical scholarship and new teaching methods and techniques
- encourages teachers to interact with academic historians, librarians, archivists, and public historians
Click here to go to the Educators awards link on the National Website.